Friday, May 6, 2011

Grilled Chicken with Brown Rice Couscous


Have you ever grilled chicken to perfection?
It's hard to do, finding that point just before it starts to burn, but seals the flavor just right.
I accomplished what had eluded me the previous million times of trying. Ok, so I'm exaggerating, but you get the point.
I balanced the brown sugar in this gluten-free BBQ sauce with the low glycemic brown rice couscous.  

This is a Grab-n-Go meal, meaning it didn't require a ton of preparation or a step-by-step recipe. Just a general know-how of cooking. I used a box of Olive Oil and Roasted Garlic GF Couscous, canned peas, and fresh baby carrots. I had the chicken in my freezer. You know, the enormous Sam's Club bags of 10 pounds of wings and thighs. It comes in handy when I didn't plan ahead. The little drumsticks are the perfect size for my girls to not feel overwhelmed when they see their plates. It was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment