Thursday, May 19, 2011

Apple Turkey Pecan Salad

Have you ever tried really hard to make something and when you think you have it, you taste it and are so disappointed you throw your hands up and wail, "I can't do this anymore!"
I was having a small pity party. 
Mayonnaise, in particular Best Foods, is a difficult food for me to give up. 
It is a soy rich food. So I thought I'd try my hand at homemade mayo. 
It was a disaster. 
As a result, a can of tuna and three boiled eggs found their way in the trash along with the goopy mess I just concocted. 
The consolation prize was worth it, though. 
After getting a pep talk from my sweet husband, I tried again. And this was a great success!

Layer 1: Spinach
Layer 2: Dietz and Watson's Gluten Free Black Forest Turkey 
Layer 3: Chopped apple
Layer 4: Chopped muenster cheese
Layer 5: Halved cherry tomatoes
Layer 6: Fresh pecans

Drizzle with Drew's (soy free, gluten free) Greek Dressing. 
It was delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment