Monday, May 9, 2011

Apple and Tuna Fusion

 Lunches, are by far, the most difficult meal of the day. Without the old standby of sandwiches, ("normal" breads pack a triple whammy of gluten, high carb content, and soy. Limiting bread even when it is gluten-free is still important.) I'm forced to be really creative. That's where today's lunch came from.  
I had some leftover brown rice couscous from a few nights ago. So, I grabbed a can of tuna, chopped up an apple, some green onions, and a cheese stick, and mixed it all together. I drizzled a tsp of olive oil on it and topped the couscous with the tuna fusion. 

This turned out to be more adult-palatable than kid-palatable. My two year old ate it, but only because I promised her as many strawberries as she wanted when she was done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment