Friday, May 6, 2011

Bread-less Coconut Shrimpkebabs

The bbq grill has quickly become one of my new best friends. 
Everything tastes better grilled.
Especially shrimp.
I was in a hurry tonight. 4:30 rolled around way too quickly. 
I bought shrimp yesterday so I knew I had to use it today.
Dear Husband reminded me we had veggies that needed to be used soon as well.
I figured at this point my choices were stir-fry or some kind of grilling option.
I think the picture gave it away.
And maybe the post title.

This meal surprised me. I used ONLY coconut oil (no butter) for the first time and *loved* it. Loved it! My favorite kind of shrimp is coconut shrimp. Since the usual batter has gluten, I modified it a little bit. Meaning, I got rid of the batter altogether. It's not the same, of course, but it is just as good!

Ingredients:
Shrimp (or any other kebabable meat)
Shish-kebab veggies
Unrefined Virgin Coconut Oil
Coconut Flakes
Paprika
Sea salt
Basil

Directions:
Once all your veggies and meat are prepared for the skewer, toss them (separately- veggies vs. meat) in a big bowl and drizzle with coconut oil. Toss veggies til all have some oil on them. Season with paprika, basil, and salt. Sprinkle coconut flakes all over. Skewer and grill on low to medium heat until fully cooked. 

1 comment:

  1. Iodine supplement for thyroid seems like a pretty good product. Sometimes it is hard to tell how much this stuff works, but the processing of this brand is pretty good as they use a lower heat to maintain nutrients in the bladderwrack kelp. I tried another brand before, then tried this--I think I prefer this one for product integrity.

    ReplyDelete