Monday, August 29, 2011

Creamy Green Chile Enchiladas

I don't have a picture for this post, but the recipe is so good, I don't think it needs one. I've been trying to find a good recipe for enchiladas since canned cream of chicken and enchilada sauce both have gluten in them. I couldn't find a recipe that didn't call for something or other that I didn't have so I went with what I did.

Ingredients:
24 corn tortillas
2 lbs chicken breast
1 cup free range chicken broth
3 cups cheddar cheese
1 chopped onion
1 cup chopped green chiles. (Fresh are best.)
8 oz. heavy whipping cream
1 cup sour cream
3 tbsp olive or coconut oil
2/3 cup milk
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp salt and pepper

Directions:

In crockpot: cook your chicken breasts and onions in the broth for 4 hours on high. When it's easily shredded with a spoon, season to taste and reduce to low for 2 hours. Toss and continue to lightly shred chicken every 15-20 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350*

Heat oil in a frying pan on medium. Quickly coat tortillas with oil, then stack between napkins/paper towels.   Spread one spoonful of chicken mix on a tortilla, leaving about 1 inch from an edge. Sprinkle with a little cheese and roll. Lay rolled enchilada seam down in your casserole dish. Continue with rest of tortillas.

In a separate bowl, mix sour cream, whipping cream, milk, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well, until smooth. Add in cheese and green chiles. Pour over the top of your enchiladas. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top. Bake for 30 minutes. Buena suerte!

1 comment:

  1. I am 26 yrs old woman who for the past year have been feeling extremely fatigued and lethargic. I didn't have the energy to do anything which affected my family and career. I knew I wasn't fine. So I went to see a doctor to see what was wrong, after the test i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. Though my doctor prescribed with some medication. I decided to try out some bovine thyroid supplements instead. I have been using it for about a week now and slowly i can feel my energy urging back. I think i don't need my medications anymore.

    ReplyDelete